Hospice care is provided in nursing homes, assisted living, and other care facilities to enhance the quality of life for patients. Hospice brings expertise in end of life care and assists the facility staff in meeting the specialized needs of the patient and their family. Through the collaborative efforts of both organizations, the best care will be achieved for each person.
How Hospice Can Help in the Nursing Home
Increased Services to Patients
- Hospice Certified Nurse’s Aides can provide individualized personal care for a heavy care resident.
- Hospice volunteers help support the patient with companionship visits.
- Hospice Registered Nurses are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assessments and interventions related to patient condition.
- Hospice chaplains are available for spiritual visits.
- Hospice benefit will pay for medications used for palliative/comfort care of the disease.
Support for the Family
- Hospice will work with family members to meet end of life care needs
- Hospice will communicate with family members to define the quality of life the patient wishes
- Hospice will prepare family for impending death and educate them about the changes that will occur in patients’ condition as death nears
- Hospice will facilitate family in making of end-of-life arrangements
- Hospice will provide bereavement support to the survivors
Support Nursing Home Staff
- Hospice staff will share their expertise on palliative/comfort care measures related to end of life issues
- Hospice staff will provide educational materials on current pain management practices
- Hospice staff will communicate with physician to obtain orders for needed medications and treatments that will provide comfort to the dying patient
- Hospice staff will offer support to Nursing Home caregivers when they experience feelings of loss and grief
Serenity Hospice & Home is willing to work with any facility in our service area.
We currently serve patients at the following nursing facilities:Anam Care, Inc. 8104 Sayer Road Rockford, IL 61108 (815) 332-5566 Dixon HealthCare & Rehabilitation 800 Division Street Dixon, IL 61021 (815) 284-3393 Emeritus Senior Living 1543 Temple Lane Rockford, IL 61112 (815) 332-8484 Franklin Grove Living & Rehabilitation Center 502 North State Street Franklin Grove, IL 61031 (815) 456-2374 Good Neighbor Care 2705 Avenue E Sterling, IL 61081 (815) 622-2800 Good Samaritan Prophets – Riverview 310 Mosher Drive Prophetstown, IL 61277 (815) 537-5175 Aperion Care 15 W Wasson Road Amboy, IL 61310 (815) 857-2550 Heritage Square 620 North Ottawa Avenue Dixon, IL 61021 (815) 288-2251 Liberty Court A LifeHOUSE Retirement Property 124 Liberty Court Dixon, IL 61021 (815) 285-2000 Meadows of Franklin Grove 510 N. State Street Franklin Grove, IL 61031 (815) 456-3000 Neighbors Rehabilitation Center 811 West Second Street Byron, IL 61010 (815) 234-2511 Oregon Living & Rehabilitation Center 811 South 10th Street Oregon, IL 61061 (815) 732-7994 P A Peterson Center For Health 1311 Parkview Ave. Rockford, IL 61107 (815) 399-8832 Park Place of Belvidere 1701 West 5th Ave. Belvidere, IL 61008 (815) 547-5451 Pinecrest 414 South Wesley Avenue Mt. Morris, IL 61054 (815) 734-4103 Pleasant View Rehabilitation & Health Care Center 500 N Jackson St Morrison, IL 61270 (815) 772-7288 Polo Rehabilitation and Health Care Center 703 Buffalo Street Polo, IL 61064 (815) 946-2203 Prairie View Assisted Living 500 E. McNair Street Winnebago, IL 61088 (815) 335-1800 Rochelle Gardens Care Center 1021 Caron Road Rochelle, IL 61068 (815) 562-4047 Rochelle Rehabilitation & Health Care Center 900 North 3rd Street Rochelle, IL 61068 (815) 562-4111 Rock Falls Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center 430 Martin Road Rock Falls, IL 61071 (815) 626-4575 Rosewood Care Center 1660 South Mulford Road Rockford, IL 61108 (815) 397-8700 Sterling Pavilion 105 E. 23rd Street Sterling, IL 61081 (815) 626-4264 Transitions Nursing & Rehabilitation Care Center 1000 Dixon Avenue Rock Falls, IL 61071 (815) 625-8510 Wesley Willows 4141 N. Rockton Ave Rockford, IL 61103 (815) 654-2530